2020 Events Schedule
|Spectator||July 20||Kenney Reservoir||No Schedule|
Anywhere from 3-4 planes will be flying in and landing on Kenney Reservoir on July 20th. They will be providing opportunities to learn about seaplanes including rides and other seaplane interactions.
- 8:00 AM - Planes arrive at Rangely Airport at for aquatic naissance species inspection/decontamination (public involvement not necessary but they can attend)
- 9:00 AM to Noonish Splash in at Kenney Reservoir During this time the public will have an opportunity to interact with the pilots and amphibious aircraft - Aircraft rides are dependent upon the pilot but individuals are encouraged to ask
- Noonish - BBQ at Kenney Reservoir Marina courtesy of the Seaplane Pilots Association
Outside vendors selling items/crafts or having a display are encouraged to attend increasing event activities and participation.
For more information visit Colorado Seaplane.
|Spectator||July 27-28||Rangely Auto Museum||View Schedule|
Experience the return of Stage Rally to Colorado when Rally Colorado roars to life in Rangely, Rio Blanco County, Colorado.
This event promises to challenge drivers and co-drivers to their fullest.
These are not rough roads; they are truly busy with many corners and serious grades resulting in no time to relax on-stage, competitors (and volunteers) will be tired at the end of each day.
Come join us for a fun family motorsport event in Rangely Colorado, this July.
Event information: Event Schedule.
For more informaton about: Rally America.
ROAR - OHV
Rally and Ride
|May 2-5||Rangely Auto Museum||Lodging||Print Schedule|
Rangley OHV Adventure Rally is a three day event on the Wagon Wheel West OHV trail system. The event kicks off with a fun ride at dusk to Kenney Reservoir, and ends with a musical concert at the park. During the event you can find many different things to do such as guided rides, The Amazing Quest, an OHV rodeo, a poker run hosted by Rio Blanco County Search & Rescue, an ongoing OHV expo, scavenger hunts, and hundreds of miles of trails for open riding. Included in those trails, is the only designated rock crawling park In Colorado! Come test out your car on some of the most difficult obstacles around.
Come ride the High Mountain Desert of God's Country!!!!!
All roads in Rangely are legal for OHV use, aside from CO HWY 64 (main street) which can only be crossed, as long as the machine is properly equipped. Required equipment includes: headlight, tail light, brakes, and a muffler/spark arrestor. Additional info can be found here.
Early Registration (Ends April 25th)
- Each Buggy is $65
After April 25th:
- Each Buggy is $70, and T-Shirt is not guaranteed
- 2 - Breakfast's
- 1 - Dinner
- Ice Cream Social
- Goodie Bag
- 1 Event Entry Ticket For The OHV Rodeo
- BLM Permitting & Daily Fee
ROAR 2020 Schedule
- All-Day – Scavenger Hunt opens
- 5:30PM – Volunteer Meeting @ Trap Club (Pizza for Dinner included)
- All Day – OHV Expo
- 7:00-8:00AM – Breakfast
- 7:00-8:00AM – Registration/Check-In/ Trail Sign-up
- 8:00-8:30AM – Riders Meeting
- 8:30AM-5:30PM – Guided Rides
- 3:00PM – Shrimp Boil at Elk’s Park
- 5:00PM – Nightride
Prize are given for each category
- 1st Place: $50
- 2nd Place: $25
- 3rd Place: $15
Winner Overall: Free 2020 ROAP Registration
Canyon Pintado Hill Climb
|Spectator||Rangely Co||June 15-16 & Sept 7-8||Schedule|
Rangely Canyon Pintado Hill Climb Race is organized by the the Colorado Hill Climb Association (CHCA) which was founded in 1971 to promote “hill climb” racing in Colorado and surrounding states. The club’s first race was held in Los Alamos, NM. The CHCA was to be an off shoot of the famed Pikes Peak Hill Climb and a place for racers to test their cars, hone their skills and have a great time more than one race a year. Many of the original members were (and some still are) active throughout the past 39yrs throughout various race venues in the Pikes Peak region and beyond. The CHCA, while promoting the great sport of Automobile racing works hard with local community members, business, the Forest Service and law enforcement agencies throughout the state to host safe, competitive, and entertaining activities for racers and fans alike.